Find Curry in Five steps in this post and enjoy a pleasant meal this week. This Indian recipe is just great, and everybody loves to eat curry, no matter if you use meat, seafood or vegetables. See also how to prepare traditional curry sauce. Take a look at our post where we tell you how to prepare chocolate muffins. Your kids will love them!
Curry is typical of India, and when we talk about curry, automatically comes to mind the cuisine of that magnificent country. In just 5 steps you will be able to enjoy the Eastern flavours at your dinner table. Get ready for a culinary journey with Curry in Five steps.
Enjoy Curry in Five steps
The recipe that I am going to give you now can be used with any kind of meat, seafood or vegetables. So even vegetarians can enjoy this recipe.
Although this recipe uses chicken, you can exchange it for another food because the way to prepare is the same, and it is really easy to cook. So let’s check how to prepare Curry in Five steps.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons of canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (you can also mince it in a food processor)
- Juice of ½ a lime or lemon
- 2 teaspoons of ginger garlic paste (or you can use 2 cloves minced garlic)
- ½ teaspoon of coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ½ + ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup canned tomato sauce (I prefer to use 1-2 tomato pureed)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges- to serve with the Curry
Well, now that you have all the ingredients, let’s see how to prepare the Curry in Five steps.
- Stir the chicken with the lemon juice in a bowl and add the half teaspoon salt. Reserve it until the step four.
- Heat canola oil in a sauté pan on a medium flame. Put the onions, garlic, and cook for 5-6 minutes. The onions must become reddish-brown.
- Add dry spices and ¼ teaspoon salt to the onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir it constantly because the spices can stick to the pan.
- Pick up the chicken and stir fry on a high flame. The chicken pieces are ready about 5 minutes.
- Now you just need to add the chicken broth, the tomato, and cilantro. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, so the flavours can blend.
You must serve it hot. You can add wedges of lemon on the side of the plate. To accomplish it, cook a basmati rice, or you can serve it with Indian flatbread.
Try this recipe this week. Be sure to discover new flavours, of different cultures. You can even marvel at all that the world has to offer. This recipe is just fabulous, so don’t let it aside!
Hope you enjoy the curry, so let us know if you liked it, or not, and if you have any tip to give to us, don’t forget to share with us. Hope you enjoy our Curry in Five steps.